Study Elsewhere

Study Elsewhere - Quebec, France & Belgium

Students who have completed at least one year of full-time studies and wish to study abroad for one or two semesters should contact the University of Toronto Centre for International Experience Office, or consult their website. Students may request credit for a course offered by the Department of French, subject to the general rules for eligibility. For more information, contact the Study Elsewhere Advisor.

Third Year Study Elsewhere

To be entitled to participate in the Third Year Study Elsewhere Program, a student must satisfy the following requirements: overall average of at least 70% in courses completed in second year, and an average of 70% in at least two French courses (FRE) required in a Major or Specialist program.

English Assistant Program

The English Assistant Program is an exchange program operated by the French government, offering Canadian students of French the opportunity to spend a year in France, as paid assistants to teachers of English. The Program provides students who would not otherwise have a chance to spend a full year in France an exceptional opportunity to improve French skills and to get to know France.

Candidates must be Canadian citizens, under the age of 30. They must currently be students at the University of Toronto, have knowledge of French, and have English as a primary language. Priority is given to undergraduate students in their third year of studies. For more information, consult The Cultural and Scientific Services French Embassy in Canada Website  or email Study Elsewhere Advisor

Summer Programs in France and Quebec

  • For Summer Immersion Courses in France, please consult the FLE website or contact the French Consulate General (416-925-0025).
  • For the Explore Program, please consult its website.
  • For the U of T summer abroad courses in Tours, France, please consult the U of T website. Students enrolled in the summer abroad program are granted U of T credits.
  • For information on any of these programs, please contact the Study Elsewhere Advisor.