Modalités de diffusion du cours
Fall Term: Shahrzad Mirzaei
Winter Term: TBA
(Fall) Carr Hall / (Winter) Carr Hall
(Fall) CR 406 / (Winter) CR 406
FSL 6000H Reading French Course for Graduate Students
Open to Masters and PhD graduate students who need to fulfill their graduate language requirement.
This course is designed to develop students' reading skills particularly as they pertain to research interests. Some remedial grammar, but the primary emphasis is on comprehension of a wide variety of texts in French. NOTE: THIS COURSE IS TAUGHT IN ENGLISH.
On a case by case basis, students with prior language qualifications can access the exam-only option (still with course registration) after prior screening by the home department in support of the exam-only option. A grade of Credit/NonCredit (70% is the minimum grade for CR) will be entered on their transcripts.
Students are not permitted to audit this course.
- Jacqueline Morton, English Grammar for Students of French : The Study Guide for those Learning French
- Michele H. Jones, The Beginning Translator’s Workbook : The ABCs of French to English Translation
- Collins-Robert, French-English, English-French Dictionary;
- Complete Guide to Conjugating Bescherelle
Assignments and evaluation:
- Attendance and participation – 10%;
- Bibliography -10 %
- Article Review – 15 %
- In-Class Test – 25%
- Translation Assignment– 40%
Tuesday, 4pm to 6pm
Students can enroll as of July 1st.